Welcome to HERBS & HAPPINESS. I/ we produce written content, photographic content and videos for websites and social media platforms including but not limited to the website www.herbsandhappiness.com and its associated newsletter; YouTube; Instagram and Facebook pages.
To do this, we need information about you. Protecting your privacy is really important to us. We only use your information where we have a legal basis to do so. We do not share your information with third parties.
Please note that the practices described in this policy only apply to information gathered by us through our services. It does not apply to any information gathered by third-party platforms used to access our services. Please read the privacy policies of Google, Facebook, YouTube, Mailerlite; Instagram and any other relevant third-party platforms carefully to understand what information they may collect, process and use from you.
Please also read our Terms which set out the contract between you and us.
- For the newsletter we collect voluntarily from you, your first name, last name and email address
- The data collected for google analytics
- The data you provide when subscribing and interacting with us on our social media pages.
- We may collect certain personal information from you during the normal course of business if we work or collaborate together in some way.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
- To provide you with our services and to improve upon them
- To maintain your account with us
- To provide you with technical and customer support
- To offer new, additional or customized features for our Services
- To communicate with you via e-mail, our newsletter and social media platforms
We may, without your permission, provide any information we have about you as may be required by law or to prevent or investigate any activity that appears to be fraudulent or illegal or may expose us to legal liability. We may disclose your information and communications if we believe them to be a potential threat to the physical safety of another person or property or if we believe your conduct is unethical, inappropriate and inconsistent with generally accepted norms of behaviour.
We will only share your private information with our service providers who administer and help us to provide our services. They are contractually obliged to uphold your privacy and protect your data.
Our service providers have access to your data so that they can:
- Operate and maintain our services on third party platforms and software tools
- Perform content moderation and crash analytics
- Run e-mail and social media messaging campaigns
- Perform service and marketing analytics
- Manage payments
- Provide technical and customer support
Voice, chat, text and other user generated content may be viewed and heard by other users. Users are personally responsible for the content they post online and should avoid revealing any personally identifiable or compromising information in these communications.
We share general information about our users with business or promotional partners, however your personally identifiable information is never shared, sold or leased to any third parties.
- Strictly necessary cookies to enable you to log into our services, navigate the website and use its features – as examples.
- Performance cookies to understand how visitors use our services such as page views and time spent on a page. Knowing what you view most helps us improve our offering.
- Functionality cookies to allow our services to remember the choices you have made and your feature preferences for example staying logged in or region specific information.
- Advertising cookies relevant to your interests. For this we may share this type of information with third parties.
Third-party platforms used to access our services and other service providers that we engage with may place their own cookies on your hard drive or device. These cookies may provide them with information on your browsing habits. They may be used for security or to send you relevant advertising.
For more information about what cookies or similar technologies those third parties use, please review the cookie policies of the relevant organisations.
You have the option to only accept strictly necessary cookies. Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from accessing features of a platform or service.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, improperly altered, disclosed or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Access to your data is limited to third parties who have a business need to access it. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have procedures in place to deal with a personal data breach.
Should you stop using our services and there is no longer a (legal) need to keep your personal data we will either remove it from our systems or anonymise it so that it can no longer be associated with you. When removing or anonymising your data we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to make said personal data irrecoverable and irreproducible.
You are able to update, change or delete the information you have provided to us via the platforms you used to provide it and in any relevant account profiles you have created. You may also contact us if you have any questions in this regard. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
We rely on the following legal grounds to use your data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our service
- Where it is our legitimate right to do so to manage our products and services and offer them to you
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent, where applicable
- In the public interest
Herewith a list of the rights individuals enjoy under the data protection laws. Whether or not they apply depends on the circumstances:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected and incomplete information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased
- The right to request access to your personal information and to find out how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information
Our services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18 (children). Parents take full responsibility in the event that children make use of our services.
By using our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing and transfer of your information according to the laws of the European Union. You also agree that you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws in your own country and jurisdiction.